home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Mod Mix Monday #184

What do you think about the dark dining room off of a light living room?
I usually like one room to flow into another. But I like this dark room just beyond too.
There are lots of things I love in these rooms and many things I do not
and yet...it all works. Lots of interesting ideas.

Things I love -
that sofa
the brass table
the dining table
that light fixture in the dining room
the dark paint
the radiator
little pots of succulents
the hexagon mirrors on the ceiling in the dining room

Things I don't like so much -
those dining chairs
that brass table
the indian rug
the cow hide rug in the dining room
the big floor lamp

But mix it all together and I really like it all together.

Well, these are just my thoughts today...
here are my favorites from last week's Mod Mix Monday.
 Victoria of Trois Petites Filles hit it out of the park with this new way to display fresh flowers. 
Frame me Pretty!
 Kim of Reposhture Studio shared how to make transfer printed pillows.
Love this Easter Rabbit one.
 Jamie of So Much Better with Age shares all the T on her new french vintage kitchen.

 Very cute tiered Easter display at Priscillas.
 Just look at this stunner at Iris Abbey. My Oh My she's a beaut!
Butterfly and Bungalow shared more of her landscape. Just look at those raised beds!
I love the St. Francis bird feeder too.

Please join in this week's Mod Mix Monday!
Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your individual post not to your entire blog.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.

18 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Thank you for featuring my garden, Nita. I really like that black room; it draws you in. I did a black room for my husband's office, and he really likes it.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for featuring my frame art, Nita. How gorgeous is Su's garden???

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for the party!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Tea in the Library said...

Great picks for features. I can't say I would live comfortably with anything in the picture. The couch looks interesting but I have cats .. not so good with leather furniture. I've learned that the hard way. The turkey rug, it it's good a good quality has potential but that's it for me. Thank you for hosting. It's a pleasure to be linking up.

Unknown said...

Wow, wow, wow! Talent galore this week! Thank yu Nita. This party rocks! Have a fantastic week dear lady and blessings to you,
Patti

priscilla said...

Thanks so much for featuring my galvanized tray centerpiece!
Have a great week!!

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Thanks so much for hosting another fun party, Nita!
Have a great week,
Suzanne

Redo It Yourself Inspirations said...

Wow, the garden is gorgeous.
Thank you for sharing all of this creativity, Nita!

~ Robin

Ann Marie said...

Nita, Thank you so much for featuring Iris Abbey's dresser that Modern Masters Metallic Paint transformed. There are such good ideas at your parties. Your are an inspiration. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey www.irisabbey.com

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the party, Nita.

Vicki said...

Some really pretty picks this week! I like how you analyzed that room at the top. I like to do that, too- I think it's a good way to be more creative about adding in elements you wouldn't choose otherwise. That can really make a room dynamic.
Thanks, as always, for hosting!

Diana said...

Thanks so much for hosting, Nita!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Great features Nita.
Thanks for the party.
Happy St. Pat's Day and have a happy week.
FABBY

DD's Cottage said...

Thanks for the Party Nita!

Jamie-So Much Better With Age said...

Thank you SO MUCH for featuring my kitchen renovation. Have a great week ;)
Hugs, Jamie

Cindi Myers said...

Great picks!
I hate that rug too.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Oh my gosh, spring has sprung! Lovely features, Nita! Thanks so much for hosting once again this week.

Unknown said...

all of these are gorgeous! love that table and the kitchen!