home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, February 11, 2013

Mod Mix Monday #88

Give a little zig and zag to your interior.
This room is romantic but the chevron gives it some edge.
Let's just call chevron what it is....zig zag...people.
It's zig zag like Charlie Brown's shirt.

For this reason I do not find it chic although I love Charlie Brown's shirt.
So I'm not normally enthralled by the ol' zig zag unless it's rick rack which I love.

But I do like that room above and I do love this dresser....
This photo has been floating around Blogland for a long time.
I pinned it ages ago....but I keep going back to it. 
I adore it.

Anyway...I will admit a little zig zag livens up a room.

Let's get on with my favorites from Mod Mix Monday last week.
Restoration Redoux painted an ugly nightstand turquoise and now it's soooo very pretty.
I just can't resist a turquoise painted piece of furniture.
Number Fifty-Three added pattern and texture to her living room
Reposhture painted an old table a lovely shade of greenish turquoise.
It makes the prettiest island in her kitchen.
Because I can't resist a jacobean buffet. 
This one from Martha Leone Design is a nice shabby grey.
Cottage Magpie made a giant wood letter and painted it pink.
Very nice...love the shade of pink.

Things are back to normal here this week.
I've gotten used to the house being quiet.
Mom is doing fine back home.

I'll see her this week for a doctor's appointment.
But she is doing just great.

Share your Mod Mixes for this week below.
Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your post, for sure.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great features, Nita. Thanks so much for hosting. Hope your have a wonderful week!
melinda

Cyndi ✪ Blue Star said...

What a great way to start the week! Thanks for hosting a fabulous party!!

Melissa@daisymaebelle.com said...

Nita, Thanks so much for hosting! Life to the full, Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

While I'm not a fan of chevron, I do like that dresser. Thanks for hosting, Nita!

Cindi Myers said...

love all your picks but ADORE the Number Fifty Three one. Totally my style.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Hi Nita, love joining in with your linky party. Thank you for hosting.
Joy

Stacey said...

I like spots of chevron on pillows and accessories. Definitely not on a whole couch. Might make me dizzy. :)

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Thank you for hosting! Wishing you a pretty week, Nita! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Thanks for hosting! Have a nice Monday!

Miss Kitty said...

Hi Nita! Thanks for hosting your party for us this week. I made some chevron pillows this week to help stage my mom's house to put it on the market. They really made an amazing impact on almost single-handedly updating the room.

Diane said...

Love all the furniture pieces you featured. That chevron sofa is too busy for me though. Thanks for hosting!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Nita,
Thanks so much for hosting!!

Happy Valentine's Day to you and MOM!!

Hugs,
Deb

Number Fifty-Three said...

Thanks so much for including my living room in your features, Nita! I always find the best inspiration at your party. And you totally made me smile this morning. You are so right. Chevron is just zig zag like Charlie Brown's shirt. Love it!

Angela

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

So many great featured posts and entries! Lovely party!
Karen

bj said...

Top photo is beautiful...I am not a Chevron fan but I sure would take that room ...:))

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hey Nita, just linked up, thanks for having us!!

Donna w. said...

Hi Nita,I generally don't like bold chevron designs,however, I really like the painted dresser. Go figure.