home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Wedding Reception at the Farm

A Party under the Trees
Here are my photos of the wedding reception held for my friend Kaysee 
at the home of her parents in Canute, Oklahoma.
This lovely backyard is surrounded by cows grazing in fields.
It's dog heaven.

Somehow I missed taking photos of any dogs...although there were many walking about.

It was very dark when I took these photos so they didn't turn out the best 
but I think you'll get the idea of the party atmosphere that night.
This was my first view as I walked into the garden area.
A lamp in the bushes.
The pasture lies beyond.
Another lamp brought outdoors.
Pink shasta daisies were the flowers of the day.
Lanterns hung in the trees.
It was a charming casual affair.
The weather was absolutely perfect.
Lots of good food and drink and friends old and new.
That's the bride and her new husband above in this photo.
June 15 they close on their new house and soon to follow that, 
they are getting a Newfoundland puppy.
I asked Jordan, the groom which he was most excited about...
the wedding, the house or the puppy?
He said the house but the puppy is a very close second.
That sounds bad but the bride felt the same.
She just wanted to get the wedding over and get to the good stuff.

A beautiful night to remember always.

Personally, I can't wait to see that puppy!

6 comments:

Belinda said...

How fun! Looks like it was a great party.

Amy Chalmers said...

Looks like a night to remember~and a morning you will not forget either! lol...I wish you did live nearby (I saw your comment at Betsys)~would so love that!

Olive said...

puppy wonderful...

Brenda Pruitt said...

Smart boy! I'd probably have chosen the puppy first.
Brenda

Cindi Myers said...

Oh! that looks so great!
I bet it was magical.
The ideas of lamps is so original and cool.
Sounds like they are off to a wonderful start! A new home AND a puppy!

pam {simple details} said...

Ha! Nothing like a good man that loves dogs! Hope we get to see puppy pics. :)